Tuesday 6 September 2022

Welcome

 Hi everyone,


Welcome to the blog.  If your kids are anything like my own, your dinnertime conversations go something like this:

Parent:  How was school today?

Child: Fine.

Parent:  What did you do today?

Child: Nothing.


So I'll do this blog each day (hopefully) to post what we've done/we're doing.  Maybe it will even help you probe a little deeper at the dinner table?  Today was a great first day!  It truly was.

Period 1 and 2 we read the book 'First Day Jitters' and talked about how we felt (I was nervous). We drew pictures and wrote about our feelings on the first day of school.  We went over some class and school rules and introduced ourselves (and ate a little popcorn).  Then I wowed them with my version of 'Herman the Worm'.  Addy even said 'Wow, you're awesome at guitar!'.

Period 3 and 4 we came up with our own class rules: 1. Be respectful 2. Respect Others 3. Try your best 4. Have fun.  Then we played outside for a little extra time.  We came in and read the first chapter of 'Sideways Stories from Wayside School' and played with Play d'oh (some of us tried to make an elephant).

Period 5 we'll stay outside for a little more play time.  Then we'll come in and explore the resources around the room and hopefully ease into a little 'free time' practising putting materials back where we got them from.

Period 6 is Music (today only).  Normally we'll have music Period 1 on Tuesdays but for the first day of school Mrs. Haynes was nice enough to move things around for me. 

I'm sending home a quick introduction letter and tenative class schedule...as well as a 'concrete' HDSB school calendar.  


NOTE:  It would be really helpful if (new)parents could email their contact information...or at least their email addresses...it would save me a considerable amount of time tracking it down!  I've had a few parents already reach out and let me know some details about their child, please don't hesitate to contact me.

My email address is: crossa@hdsb.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday May 17th

 Here is the plan for today: Period 1 and 2 is red light, read aloud,  reader's/writer's workshop, student choice you can work with ...