Today we began with a red light activity where we made Charlotte belated birthday cards....unbeknownst to me, today is Yousif's actual birthday...so tomorrow, we'll be making Yousif belated birthday cards.
That makes 3 birthdays in 3 days...I think.
We started our next read aloud, Holes, today. The kids seem to be sucked in already.
Then we had some independent/guided reading time.
Period 2 Mrs. Harris came in to help with the Writer's workshop.
Period 3 we practised naming all the 3D solids we could...then we worked in partners to draw and name as many as we could.
Period 4 Mrs. Smith is teaching science.
Period 5 Mrs. Djonovich is teaching music.
Period 6 Miliana's parents and myself are going to attempt to get 21 Grade 3 students hiking through the field out back in Snowshoes. It will be an exercise in patience and perseverance (for both the kids and adults I suspect). Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures and post them later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday September 28th
Mr. Cross is back! It sounds like Mrs. Sylvester loved her week with the class...which is nice to hear. Here is the plan for today: Perio...
-
I'll try and do pre-blog blog...before the day starts since I have a couple of extra minutes this morning. Well it looks like we'll...
-
Here is the plan for today: Period 1-Red light, read aloud, reader's workshop...mini lesson on decoding similes. Period 2-Writer's ...
-
Here is the plan for today...picture day...which I forgot about! Period 1 - Red light, read aloud, wordle -partner read or write. Period 2 ...
Oh I wish I knew about the snowshoeing. I loved doing that as a child.( the snowshoes were much different 35 yrs ago. )
ReplyDeleteHope everyone had fun!
Rave reviews about snowshoes from here. Thanks for all the extra effort to take them out in this glorious snow! :)
ReplyDelete