The kids are currently busy reading and writing...I'm going to use this opportunity to try to squeak in a quick blog.
First period we worked on our 4's times tables for Red Light. Then we read a few chapters of Holes...the kids really wanted me to finish the book...we're very close to the end.
Now we're reading/writing (I just finished conferencing with Kyle).
I'm going to take the kids outside a little early to play in the snow and go to our 'happy place', like Stanley Yelnats (ask your kids about this).
Period 3 We have the computers...we're going to finish our Holes comics on Pixton, then practise our multiplication.
Period 4 we have gym.
Period 5 we're going to practise our 8's time tables with the strategy of double-double-double!
So 8 X 6 is really like 2 x 6.
We double 6 = 12
Double it again 12 = 24
Double it again 24 = 48
Period 6 we'll spend finishing up any unfinished work and maybe even have a little bit of 'free time'? Hopefully.
Have a great weekend.
Friday, 2 March 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday September 28th
Mr. Cross is back! It sounds like Mrs. Sylvester loved her week with the class...which is nice to hear. Here is the plan for today: Perio...
-
I'll try and do pre-blog blog...before the day starts since I have a couple of extra minutes this morning. Well it looks like we'll...
-
Here is the plan for today: Period 1-Red light, read aloud, reader's workshop...mini lesson on decoding similes. Period 2-Writer's ...
-
Here is the plan for today...picture day...which I forgot about! Period 1 - Red light, read aloud, wordle -partner read or write. Period 2 ...
No comments:
Post a Comment