A good day almost in the books.
Period 1 we finished up some rounding work for red light. Read aloud from The One And Only Ivan. Then the kids did the best job they've done all year reading independently! I didn't want to stop them, but we needed to get to the writer's workshop.
Period 2 we had our writer's workshop. The mini lesson today was on narrowing the focus of our stories.
Period 3 we gym and played a fun version of handball.
Period 4 we had math. We played this rounding game on the Smartboard. Then we played this game in partners.
Period 5 we have Mrs. Smith for social studies.
Period 6 we're going to do some mindfulness, calming activity on 'Go Noodle'. Then we're going to tidy up the classroom and maybe have a bit of free time...
Please remember to check out the 'Market Place' post from a few days ago....
Thursday, 26 October 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday October 7th
Here is the plan for today: Period 1 - Red light, read aloud. Reader's workshop: focus on yesterday keeping ourselves engaged in our r...
-
Here is the plan for today: Period 1-Red light, read aloud, reader's workshop...mini lesson on decoding similes. Period 2-Writer's ...
-
I'll try and do pre-blog blog...before the day starts since I have a couple of extra minutes this morning. Well it looks like we'll...
-
ugh...why did I stay up so late to watch baseball? I don't even really like baseball. Here is the plan for today: Period 1 -Red light,...
I just think all of this great independant reading and writing is so fantastic!
ReplyDeleteGrayson LOVES reading now. Something I honestly NEVER thought would happen.
He is excited about creating stories too.
Amazing!
Way to go!!