Day 1...almost complete.
What a great day so far. We all have a bit of 'summer brain' so today was just about getting to know each other and following the rules.
Period 1 and 2 - We found our desks and hooks. We had some popcorn and shared a few tid-bits of information about ourselves with the rest of the class. We read the book "First Day Jitter" and did a quick activity about how we felt about coming to school. Most kids were excited and a bit nervous (just like their teacher). I shared our class motto: It's ok not to know. It's not ok not to try. I'm curious if any of them remember it...quiz them at home tonight!
Period 3 and 4 we played the 'Blanket Name Game', came up with some class rules. Sang Willoughby Wallaby (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cx-21573X1TITaqlnJiM7TkwHRQxZ43s/view?usp=sharing) . Hopefully that works and you can hear. We went outside for a game of Squirt and started reading Sideways Stories From Wayside School.
Period 5 and 6 (happen next)-we'll sing another song from my camp days, Aroostacha. We'll go to our 'mailboxes' to get our yellow school medical forms (coming home tonight...paperwork for the parents). We'll finish up our First Day Jitters activity and hopefully have a bit of Free time and practice cleaning up!
I've done this job for over 20 years...every year I get so nervous before the start of school...and by First Break, I'm right back in the saddle and loving my class! I can tell this will be a great year. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment