Thursday, 10 September 2026

Thursday September 10th

 Here is the plan for today:

Period 1 - We'll do our red light (quiet activity).  Then we'll have a discussion about our class rules, our class motto...and really just try to work on building a class community of hard working, kind kids.  Then we'll read a bit of Wayside and the kids will have their own independent reading time.

Period 2 We'll continue working on our 'all about me' books.  Some kids are rushing through too fast, and not taking pride in their work...others are going too slow and not getting much done because they're almost too proud!

Period 3 is music with Mrs. Haynes.

Period 4 we'll do a little more math....trying again to work on that growth mindset.  I heard a lot of "I can't do math, I'm not good at it".  I'm trying to erase that language and replace it with " This is hard, but I'm going to work hard and try my best to do this".  

Period 5 I've got a team building/responsibility building activity planned.  Then we'll have some quiet finish up time.

Period 6, if it all goes according to plan we'll enjoy a bit of free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday September 11th

 First week of Grade 3, (almost) complete. A good one too! Here is the plan for today: Period 1 - Red light (quiet activity), read aloud, in...